Director of Sales
Are you looking to be part of something brand new and innovative? GoodUnited is seeking a driven, high performing Director of Sales, selling to large nonprofit organizations in the U.S. and internationally. The ideal candidate must have extensive experience positioning technology products through complex sales cycles, from lead generation through closing.
Our mission is to help nonprofits increase fundraiser donations and retention and give them the power to make every donor feel appreciated. GoodUnited is a technology company with a purpose. Our product has proven successful and we’re already working with some of the most well-known nonprofit organizations in the U.S. We’re searching for a strong sales professional who fits well within our high-performance culture and will help us accelerate our fast-start growth.
This role is all-encompassing and includes managing outbound sales activities, inbound lead qualification, the buyer decision-making cycle, as well as customer success and account management.
Director of Sales Responsibilities:
- Develop new business while proactively managing a robust sales pipeline of engaged prospective buyers
- Manage all facets of the sales cycle: lead generation, qualification, leading product demos, prospect meetings (via phone and in-person), closing deals and account management/penetration
- Leverage your experience with sophisticated sales methodologies: Strategic Selling, Consultative Sales, Insight Selling and a good dose of your own successful sales strategies and tactics
- Responsible for helping build, grown and manage the sales team
- Partner closely with the executive team to drive strategy and create future growth for GoodUnited
- Listen carefully to our prospective customers and match the right GoodUnited value propositions with their gaps in digital fundraising
- Position smart business cases and ROI propositions that lead to closed deals
- Leverage our CRM system to maximize your productivity and keep the team informed of your progress
- Work collaboratively with GoodUnited teammates and our channel partners, taking a team approach to winning new business
- Create, deliver and explain our formal Proposals to new prospects
- Exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Plan and manage your time efficiently and productively
- Develop your monthly, quarterly and annual plans to ensure you meet or exceed your personal and company goals
- Train, mentor and develop sales members
- 4+ years of outside and inside SaaS/technology sales experience (nonprofit industry experience is preferable, but not required)
- A completed Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Previous experience with people management
- Successful experience managing the entirety of the sales/buying cycle, from qualification to close
- Experience working with a CRM system such as salesforce.com or Hubspot
- Previous experience adapting to a new role, product set and company
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven history of success in exceeding sales quotas in a competitive landscape
- Ability to travel as necessary (less than 20%)
- Fun and high-energy. Someone we’ll enjoy having on our team!
- Ability to fly your own private jet (Ha! Just ensuring you’re still reading all of this!)
GoodUnited is a small but growing team of sharp, energized professionals working with a purpose. Check us out on LinkedIn and the interwebs. If you meet our qualifications we look forward to meeting you!